Become a financial member of Rail Trails Australia and help develop and support Australia's Rail Trails. Click below to Join or Renew.
You can also make a
About Rail Trails Australia
Rail Trails Australia is a not-for-profit organisation which works for the development and promotion of a rail trail network Australia-wide. We have published guidebooks for rail trails in Victoria, South Australia and Tasmania which promote the concept of rail trails and facilitate their use.
Rail Trails Australia is part of a growing international movement to develop and promote rail trails. Similar groups operate in Canada, the USA, New Zealand, southern Africa and the European Union.
- engaging the community in supporting trail development
- advocacy to all levels of government
- expanding and marketing the network
- supporting committees of management
- sponsoring conferences and workshops to enhance skills and assist new rail trail development
- developing technical documents to assist groups setting up and maintaing rail trails
We publish a quarterly magazine Rail Trail Connections, invite bequests as part of a Trails Forever program, and operate a web site with up-to-date rail trail information.