- Rail Trail
- On Road
- Possible Rail Trail
- Other Trail
- former Railway
- The first 333 km section from Mundaring to Collie was finished in July 2004, and by 2009 was half completed with the 498 km to Nannup open.
- For detailed trail information, maps and current trail conditions contact the Munda Biddi Foundation at the web link below.
- Below are some of the major sections that follow railway formations. With the relatively gentle grades typical of railway formations, the sections below may be a good choice for those wanting to cycle a section of the Munda Biddi.
|Mundaring Weir Trail||Mundaring to Mundaring Weir||7 km||Map 1a|
|Albany Highway south to Jarrah Road||Passes Wundong Campsite. Jarrah Rd is 5 km north of Balmoral POW Camp.||11 km||Map 1b|
|Jarrahdale Balmoral Trail||Balmoral POW Camp to Jarrahdale.||12 km||Map 1b|
|Whitakers Mill south to Torrens Road||Goes on and off the formation.||6 km||Map 2b|
|Marrinup to Dwellingup||There are some other short sections on railway formation north of Marrinup||5 km||Map 2b|
|Nanga||6 km from Mandalay Road south to Nanga. Long (25 km) section south of Nanga following North Junction and King Jarrah formations to Zig Zag Road.||31 km||Maps 2b & 3a|
|Yari Campsite||Short section either side of campsite from Myles Avenue west to Lancaster Road.||5 km||Map 3b|
|Zephyr Road||From Myles Avenue south to Mornington Road. 4 km south of Lancaster Road.||7 km||Map 3b|
|North of Collie||Much of the trail is on railway formations from Gastaldo Road south to Collie Tallanalla Road at the outskirts of Collie||18km||Map 3b|
|Sidings Rail Trail||Jarrahwood to Nannup. The Old Timberline Trail option is also shown on the map.||26 km||Own map|
|Wilsons Inlet Rail Trail||Hollins Rd Denmark at Denmark River to Hay Rd and Hay River||8 km||Map 9a|
|West of Bornholm||Tennessee Rd North to Bornholm Rd Bornholm||2 km||Map 9a|
|Torbay to Elleker Rail Trail||Torbay to Elleker||8 km||Map 9b|
- It should be noted that some of the other trail sections can be quite steep. In some places the trail crosses from one railway formation to another and this can involve some steep climbs. Check the Munda Biddi Foundation website below for more information.
- The 26 km section of the Munda Biddi route south of Collie between Jarrahwood and Nannup has been developed as the Sidings Rail Trail.
Paralleling the Bibbulmun walking track, this massive mountain bike and walking trail reaches from Mundaring near Perth to Albany.
This map is indicative only. For navigation and more detail refer to the maps provided by the Munda Biddi Trail Foiundation. Some sections shown in blue as rail trail should be green for other trail and will be gradually updated.
About one third of the distance will be on old railway formations making it among the longest rail trails in the world.
One of the many bridges on the trail. Munda Biddi Trail Foundation
Restored trestle bridge near Dwellingup. William Bebbington
Restored trestle bridge near Dwellingup. Hand rails are not an issue in WA. William Bebbington
Typical scenery along the trail. Munda Biddi Trail Foundation
Cutting near Dwellingup. William Bebbington
No services listed for this rail trail.