Hardcopy 2021 Rail Trails of Victoria Guidebook is now available again
Posted on 16/08/21
Rail Trails Australia is very pleased to announce that after 14 years the spiral bound, hardcopy “Rail Trails of Victoria Guidebook” is now once again available.
This 2021 edition is your indispensable guide and companion to Victoria’s 27 rail trails. Written by people who know and love rail trails, it’s all you need for a day trip, a weekend adventure or a week-long expedition exploring trails!
- Easy-to-follow route notes and maps
- Information on each railway line’s history
- Tips to help you plan and enjoy your walk or ride
Since the current print edition of the Rail Trails of Victoria guidebook was published way back in 2007, a few new trails have been opened including:
- The Port Fairy – Warrnambool Rail Trail
- The Great Victorian Rail Trail from Tallarook to Mansfield
Significant improvements and extension have been made to existing trails including:
- The High Country Rail Trail up to Shelley
- The O’Keefe Rail Trail to Heathcote
- The Great Southern Rail trail to Welshpool
- An expanded Gippsland Plains Rail Trail
This Guidebook is a great gift consideration to get more people out enjoying our rail trails. It can be purchased at railtrails.org.au
Proceeds go towards assisting rail trail development.
The 2021 version printable PDF guidebook is also now available to purchase on our website. Select “Rail Trails of Victoria Guide – downloadable electronic pdf” from our online store.
If you have previously purchased the PDF guidebook you may be able to download the new version by logging in to our website and going to “My Account”. This is valid until the 31 August 2021.