Willunga – Marino Rail Trail (SA) Draft Plan Released For Comment
Posted on 05/05/05
Draft Marketing, Signage and Facilities Plaos for the Trail have been developed by the City of Onkaparinga in partnership with the Office for Recreation and Sport and in consultation with the City of Marion.
Details of the Willunga – Marino rail trail are here
The purpose of the draft Plans is to:
- increase the profile of the Trail both locally and regionally as a recreation facility, tourism attraction and a transport link;
- address the lack of signage and facilities along the Trail; and
- promote links to local business and tourlsm industries.
The key findings of the draft Plans are:
- Coast to Vines Rail Trail is recommended as the new name for the Trail
- a signage system that provides both directional and distance information as well as historical and interpretive information for significant sites along the Trail is proposed
- a suite of facilities including seating shelters, toilets and picnic settings is identified.
Council is currently seeking commrmity feedback on the draft Plans, which are available electronically from www.onkaparingacity.com or for viewing in hard copy at Council offices Please submit any comments by Friday 20 May 2005 as detailed on the website.