- Rail Trail
- On Road
- Possible Rail Trail
- Other Trail
- former Railway
- A safe and convenient way to walk and ride in this area of Geelong
- Some views of the Moorabool River valley from the Fyansford end.
- The trail starts at Douro St, near the North Geelong Station. It is also called the Tom McKean Linear Park.
- The sealed trail runs through various urban backdrops linking up small parklands.
For awhile the remains of the cement works at Fyansford were of interest to those interested in industrial heritage and the tall silos high on the bluff featured artwork that was visible for kilometres. These were demolished in 2020.
The start of the rail trail at North Geelong with the rail yards in the background. 
Halfway way along the rail trail
Typical scenery on the rail trail 
Typical urban scene on the rail trail 
Fyansford end of the rail trail. It was initially constructed as a rail side trail! 
The Fyansford end of the rail trail 
The view from the Fyansford end of the rail trail looking down to the Moorabool River 
The artwork on the old cement silos was briefly a real landmark for this area of Geelong, but now demolished. 
The reason for the railway was the former Geelong Cement works, bringing in briquettes etc to make the cement and then transporting the cement all over Victoria and interstate. This has now been demolished. 
The line was conceived by the cement company, who approached the State Government in 1915-16 requesting a rail link to North Geelong. In 1926 the Australian Portland Cement Company opened a private 3’6″ railway to their quarry. Usage of the line declined by the 1990’s as road haulage took over. The cement plant closed in 2000 and was demolished.
A bike path and linear park was provided beside the tracks in the early 1980s.