- Rail Trail
- On Road
- Possible Rail Trail
- Other Trail
- former Railway
Why visit the Mt Kembla Memorial Pathway?
- The top section of the pathway is suitable for walkers and mountain bikes only.
- The historic Mount Kembla Village Hotel
- Soldiers and Miners Memorial Church
- Relics from the American Creek kerosene works
- Lookouts, walking tracks and tourist drives of the Illawarra escarpment
- Many beaches and Lake Illawarra
- Good cycling options, including railside trails, to Wollongong or Pt Kembla
- City of Wollongong
The trail can be accessed from:
- A small carpark southeast of 200 Cordeaux Rd
- Carpark and monument on Stones Rd
- Kirkwood Place
We acknowledge the Dharawal people, the traditional custodians of the land and waterways on which the trail is built.
Development and future of the rail trail
The Pathway was completed in stages, with the final Stage 3 to the Bradford breaker site completed in October 2016.
Mt Kembla Memorial Pathway with rail relics
Pathway guide, Mt Kembla
Sculpture, Mt Kembla
Pathway explanatory notes
Sealed section of the pathway
No services listed for this rail trail.