- Rail Trail
- On Road
- Possible Rail Trail
- Other Trail
- former Railway
- This very short trail is suitable for a stroll, with the Eureka Centre as the destination.
This trail was a branch line from East Ballarat to Buninyong and ran for 11km. It opened in 1889 and closed in 1986.
The section from Eureka to Buninyong closed much earlier on 2 February 1947. ]The line had previously closed to passenger services in 1930. In addition to passenger traffic, the “Bunny” also brought the goods trucks to the many local Buninyong industries of that time. The main ones were the butter factory, tannery, brewery, box factory and market gardens.
At the Buninyong end the platform can still be seen in Forest Rd, where there is a board commemorating the history of the railway line.
There are no plans to extend this trail to Buninyong at this time.
Along the trail (2011)
Start of trail, north side of Victoria St. (2011)
Riding through underpass. (2011)
South side of Victoria St underpass. (2011)
Through the cutting (2011)
Towards the end of trail. (2011)
Trail sign no. 1
Trail sign no. 2
No services listed for this rail trail.